Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring: What could be the general problems

Customer Question

What could be the general problems of an auto, 2000 touring edition PT Cruiser? It has 79,645m. The individual owner is asking $2500. He said it had been a rental on Block Island for the past several yrs and in winter he'd bring his fleet back to RI mainland and put them in winter storage. Did yr 2000 have any particular issues? What major parts should have been serviced or replaced?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
There are no major parts beside regular maintenance required at 80,000 miles, the next thing that would be due for replacement is the timing belt at 100,000 miles. Overall the 2000 was a fairly good car. That being said, its always a good idea anytime you purchase a used car to take it in to your trusted repair shop and have them perform a pre-purchase inspection from top to bottom to be sure there are no hidden issues.