sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2008 Chrysler sebring convertible. The convertible

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Chrysler sebring convertible. The convertible top goes down like it is supposed to, but when bringing the top back up the top comes up but the trunk does not go back in place, it will not move at all. If I wait a few hours it will go into
place like it is supposed to. Any ideas, I have never worked on this type convertible.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things going on. The problem could be electrical or mechanical. It's possible that the power top control module is suspending operation due to an input or it may still be attempting to close but can't.
If you hear the pump continue to run but it won't close then the problem is most likely hydraulic. Low fluid from a leak would be most likely.
Make sure there are no physical issues blocking the trunk lid, tonneau, etc from moving.
If the pump stops and especially if you see an error message on the instrument cluster then the first step will be checking for fault codes in the power top control module. The module is most likely seeing a component in the incorrect state, setting a fault code and stopping operation. If there are no physical issues then a failed microswitch would be most likely.