sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Town & Country Touring: I have a 2006 Town and

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Town and Country and the Drivers side sliding door wont open manually or with power
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
A failed lock actuator is usually the cause of not being able to unlock the door but if you're able to unlock it but the door doesn't open then you either have a linkage or latch issue. If the linkage from the handles to the latch has come off at either end then the handles will move freely and the door will not open.
If the handles do feel normal when trying to open the door then odds are the latch has failed. A door or striker adjustment issue could potentially cause it but that would have given warning leading up to it not opening. Something forcing closed in the door could also prevent it from opening with normal force, but I expect you would have known if you closed something in the door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what happened to the additional information that was provided but here it is again:
The Actuator was replaced and the door worked with power but not manual. Some months later and the door ant open manual or power. Door locks appear to work. When power button is pressed can her actuator trying to engage but movement of the door.
The most likely cause for the door not opening would be the latch.