sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler PT Cruiser: The fan motor works on both speeds when

Customer Question

The fan motor works on both speeds when jumped out both fuses are good , I am aware of the relays but I have not tried replacing them yet. What else is there that may be wrong
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I'm assuming the engine is overheating because the cooling fans are not coming on at idle. No vehicle information was posted with the question but there will be at least one relay that controls the fans, wiring and blown fuses can obviously be an issue, the powertrain control module, and on some vehicles the fan relays are controlled by the TIPM (module/fuse box under the hood). It will take some electrical testing to determine exactly what is going on. If the temperature gauge works correctly then you can rule out the coolant sensor.