Richard, Chrysler Technician
Experience:  Over 24 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.
18534624

Chrysler 300M: my car is a chrysler 300m special andits has

Customer Question

my car is a chrysler 300m special andits has an issue starting where i have to hold the key for about 15 seconds before it starts. sometimes it starts right away but sometimes it has this problem and the other issue is that when i am driving it, the check engine light is on and when im driving it it will have an engine "hiccup" between 2nd and 3rd gear and between 3rd and 4th. sometimes it is minor and sometimes it is very bad and wont switch to the next gear and the car will jolt forward and stop but eventually make it. do you know what needs to be fixed to fix these issues?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Since the check engine light is on, there will be a fault code stored in the PCM and I need to know what the code is.Lets try this - Sit in the vehicle with all doors closed and starting with the key in the off position, turn it to ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON (don't turn the key to the start position just on) within 5 seconds and leave the key on and watch the digital odometer to see if it displays a fault code. It will be a P followed by 4 numbers example P0700. When it is done displaying codes or if there are no codes it will say done. Write down all the codes and post them with a reply. If you can't get this to work, please try it again following the instructions!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Since the check engine light is on, there will be a fault code stored in the PCM and I need to know what the code is.
Lets try this - Sit in the vehicle with all doors closed and starting with the key in the off position, turn it to ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON (don't turn the key to the start position just on) within 5 seconds and leave the key on and watch the digital odometer to see if it displays a fault code. It will be a P followed by 4 numbers example P0700. When it is done displaying codes or if there are no codes it will say done. Write down all the codes and post them with a reply. If you can't get this to work, please try it again following the instructions!