sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My 2004 Sebring convertile right hand door rattles very loud

Customer Question

My 2004 Sebring convertile right hand door rattles very loud at small bumps
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer! I'm assuming the door itself is rattling rather than something inside. If the door is rattling at the rear then either the striker is misadjusted, the hinges may have play, or the guide pin may be misadjusted. The first thing I would recommend is making sure the hinges have no play. If there is play then it will allow the rear of the door to drop and this will allow it to rattle on the striker. If the hings are ok then you can make small striker adjustments and see if the noise stops, and you can also adjust the spring loaded guide pin also in the door jamb area.