sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Sebring Convertible LX: I have a 2009 Chrysler Sebring

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Chrysler Sebring with a MYGIG RER installed with the most up to date version. The other day the screen was not responding in the top left to change from FM to AM to SAT but everywhere else was. So I decided to go into the Engineering mode and perform the touch screen calibration... (I know bad idea) in any case, now it must have gotten stuck somehow and now that I turn the radio back on to recover, I no longer have ANY touch screen ability. Just the hard buttons working now.... Is there ANY WAY to recover this problem??? Please help!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! Unfortunately it's unlikely this problem is going to be repaired without replacing parts. Either the screen itself has failed or there is another hardware issue in the radio. What you can try is a battery disconnect. It's possible that the radio is locked up electronically and it could work again afterward, but since the radio does work otherwise normally most likely this won't help. If not then the radio will either need to be replaced or be sent out for repair to somewhere such as United Radio.