Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Chrysler Sebring JX (Convertible): my 2008 convertible with

Customer Question

my 2008 convertible with only 58000 miles on it was just rear ended HARD by a driver...The Chrysler dealer told me at first the car was totaled. Then them mans insurance called and said hey would not total it so the Chrysler dealer is going to fix it...I owned this car for 8 months..It had a fabulous car fax on it...Can Chrysler fix this car to be as good as it was prior to the old man slamming into me>? And will I be able to sell this car down the road with this bad car fax damage on it??? I AM AT WITS END. I do ALOT of driving daily delivering homeless pets...Help
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.It very likely the dealer can do the repair properly and get it back to new but the problem you are going to have is when you go to sell it its going to on car faxs that its been wrecked and you may very well also end up with a salvage title which is going to be a problem for you on resale. Unfortunately you may want to speak with an attorney and have him insist on totaling the car to avoid problems down the road. It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I can't read minds nor have a magic wand, & I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.Thanks Ron