Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

94 le Baron trans wont move put in forward kills motor put

Customer Question

94 le Baron trans wont move put in forward kills motor put in reverse starts moving forward then locks up and kills motor
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,

Unfortunately the problem you are describing is in most cases caused by an internal transmission failure and unfortunately your looking at eaither a replacement transmission and or a completer overhaul.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not sure about your answer, also found info on some wires from Trans computer to Sol pack that were spliced together at factory and also issues with grounding strap. What is that about?
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
The solenoid pack will not lock the transmission up.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You are most likely correct but there were no signs of ANY issues before total failure. And if I disconnect one of the senors it will go forward in reverse a short distance
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Never got a response to my question that if I unplug one of the sensors the car will go forward in reverse a short distrance?
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
If you have access to a scan tool you can check the Clutch Volume Index .If the numbers are out of range, the transmission is faulty. Clutch Volume Index is a number stored in memory in the Transmission Control Modulethat indicates the condition of the clutches. High numbers indicate a loose or worn clutch pack.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have sent two responses to your answer nether one has been answered. If you can tell me why when I disconnect one sensor from Trans the car will move the wrong way? If you can give me a reason then I will be satisfied. Thank you
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
I have opted out, I do not wish to work with you any longer, I don't have the answer you want to hear and the reason why the question sat on the board is because no one wanted to tell you the answer you did not want to hear. Please do not respond back to me as it locks the question to me and keeps other from being able to give you the answer you wish to hear, best of luck to you.