Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified

chrysler concorde: I changed the torque converter.on a 2000

I changed the torque converter.on a 2000 chrysler concorde an the car now runs at 2000 rpm when I start it up. New crankshaft an vss sensors. What is the problem?
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a Certified Auto Technician with 26+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

What engine is in your Concorde?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The most common reason for excessively High Idle is a Vacuum Leak.. I recommend checking the PCV valve and hose for issues, on the 3.2 it is mounted to the rear of the intake manifold and right valve cover... Check all vacuum hoses in this area for problems... If all is ok there, I recommend getting a spray bottle and fill it with a soapy water solution and spray it all over the intake manifold while the engine is idling, The solution will get drawn into any areas that you find a vacuum leak and it will change the engine idle when this happens... Also check to be sure that the throttle cable is not binding and that it allows the throttle to fully close with your foot off the accelerator....

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your question, Please kindly"Rate" my service, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you and thanks for asking your question!