Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)

Chrysler Sebring: I have a 1997 Sebring that acts like altenator

I have a 1997 Sebring that acts like altenator is bad, but had it checked and it was fine. I put new battery on it and it still wont hold a charge and the battery light comes on. The guy working on it suggested I put a new altenator on even though its testing ok.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name isXXXXX will be helping you today with your question today...

I'm a 15 Yr Chrysler dealership technician and to begin with I will need the last 8 of your VIN so that I can get a wiring diagram and we can get started.. Do you happen to have a test light or multi-meter? We will need one to test the circuit...

Standing by,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Last 8 of vin is VT608618.

HI Amy,

Here is the wiring diagram:

Can you get a test light or meter and tell me if the Green/Orange wire at alternator has 12v when running? And then tell me if the Dark Green wire has a ground on it.. To test for ground, attach the test light clip to positive battery and probe the wire..

Keep me posted,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ill have to find one and check-ill keep you posted

HI Amy,

Sounds like a plan..