Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

Chrysler dodge caravan: i have a 2001 dodge caravan sport

i have a 2001 dodge caravan sport what years transmissions are enter change able
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 6 months ago.

Tim's Auto Repair :

Hi,My name is Tim,

I will do my best to assist you

Tim's Auto Repair :

i am showing the 01-02

Tim's Auto Repair :

dodge caravan,plymouth voyager and the chrysler town and country

Tim's Auto Repair :

with the 3.3 or 3.8 engine

Tim's Auto Repair :

are the same

Customer:

so it is only the a 2002 transmission that will enter change with the 2001

Tim's Auto Repair :

yes

Tim's Auto Repair :

but,,off the record

Tim's Auto Repair :

i have interchanged all the way down to the 96

Tim's Auto Repair :

they all have the a604

Tim's Auto Repair :

but,,im only showing these two years interchaging

Customer:

ok thank you

Tim's Auto Repair :

you are very welcome

Tim's Auto Repair :

If you are satisfied with my answer,Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Tim's Auto Repair :

tthanks for using justanswer

Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

I have been told that replacing the assembly on the front of transmission where the cannon plug or cleaning it will sometimes repair the transmission shift problems

hi
if it is in limp mode[2nd gear]and not shifting,,,,it may just need the solenoid block located near the dipstick tube
thanks
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic