Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Chrysler Lebaron: There is no clatter except if the car sits

There is no clatter except if the car sits for an extended period and then only for a second when it's first started. I installed a new oil pump. I inspected both rod and main bearings. Rod bearings had been changed and had only .002/.003 clearance. Main bearings showed lots of copper. I added an oil pressure gauge under the dash to monitor pressure. First thing in the morning it registers 60 PSI. At idle once the engine is thoroughly heated up, it registers 5 PSI and on the interstate it registers 30-40 PSI. I'm running 10W-40 oil.

I'd like to drive this car another 500 miles to be sure the transmission is good before I put in a crank kit. Am I likely to do any damage to the engine or turbo if I
drive it easy?
Welcome! my name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to thank you for allowing me to assist you! No those pressure readings are just fine and I am sure that you will not do any further damage to the engine or turbo. You could probably go 1000 miles with no issues.

Chris