Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

chrysler 300c: Chrysler 300c will not start or crank it does

Chrysler 300c will not start or crank it does nothing once the key is turned

Welcome! my name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to thank you for allowing me to assist you! When you turn the key on, does the red security light in the instrument cluster come on and then go off?

Chris

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it does

Ok, good. Andrew, try this: disconnect the negative battery cable for about 2 minutes and then reconnect it. See if it will now crank.

Chris

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will i'm at work will do when I get off

Ok Andrew, let me know,

Chris

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did unplug the neg post for about 5 minutes but the results are the same. One thing I noticed is the ignition switch when I turn it to start can't remember if it should stay in the start position or spring back to the ACC position it just stays in the start position

Hmm, it should spring back. If that is the case, then that ignition switch has probably failed. That is not common, but I have seen this before. Sounds like you have a defective switch Andrew.

Chris