Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  25 years certified Chrysler technician and ASE Certified Master Technician

My airbag dashboard light sensor needs to be replaced as well

My airbag dashboard light sensor needs to be replaced as well as the engine sensor. Where r they located and where do I get the parts?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Welcome! my name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to thank you for allowing me to assist you! Have you had the engine and air bag codes checked yet?

Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I had a Dodge Caravan 2002 with exactly the same problem. I took to the dealer who fixed it for aprox $500. I will be trading this vehicle with the next month and prefer to have this fixed before then. Both of these dashboard lights have been on for over a year. There is no problem with either the air bags or engine. I was hoping for an easy fix. If you are not able to help I can indeed take the vehicle to the dealer to have the engine and air bag codes checked.

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Ok, well the airbag light is on because of a circuit problem and is most likely the clock spring under the steering wheel. and the ONLY way to turn off that light is to repair the problem William. You can clear the light by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 2 minutes and then reconnect it. That will turn off the engine and airbag lights. Now if the lights come back on, then there is still a circuit/sensor problem. So if that is the case, then go to your local auto parts store and ask them to connect their scan tool and read the codes. Then you will know what needs to be fixed. Most auto parts stores will do this for free, and they can also clear the codes for you.

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Chris

Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience: 25 years certified Chrysler technician and ASE Certified Master Technician