Don Knight
Don Knight, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  40+ years experience all makes&models
5784781

Chrysler 300c: 2005 Chrysler 300C. My windshield spray has

Customer Question

2005 Chrysler 300C. My windshield spray has no pressure, it just dribbles out. My headlight spray seems to have extra pressure. It sounds to me like the line to the windshield is party blocked. How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Rob
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Max Kenney replied 1 year ago.

Max Kenney :

This is a easy one.

Max Kenney :

Trace the hose from the washer tank to the nozzles and find where it is kinked.

Max Kenney :

Max

Customer:

This is not the issue, one of the first things I did was check the hose. I was hoping that you were going to tell me that there is a filter on the line or a way to check if it was plugged.

Expert:  Don Knight replied 1 year ago.
New expert here.I would start by removing the line closer to the outlet nozzles and see if the flow is good when you press the washer.If that is good you can either blow some compressed air though the line to nozzles or use a small pin at the nozzles to clean them out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are there any coarse filters on any of the connections?

Expert:  Don Knight replied 1 year ago.
The only filter is in the washer reservoir which is why I wanted you to disconnect the line and see if you have good pressure.Most times it is the nozzles that get clogged up.
Don Knight, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 40+ years experience all makes&models
Expert:  Max Kenney replied 1 year ago.

Rob, You stated the washer line was "partly blocked", that led me to advise you to check for restrictions in the supply line which I have found kinked in the past giving the same symptom as you describe.

I fully agree with Don, if the tank filter screen is not blocked and you are sure the line is open by all means check the nozzles.

Keep me posted.

Max

Expert:  Don Knight replied 1 year ago.
Do you need any more assistance?
Expert:  Don Knight replied 1 year ago.
Hope every thing is OK.Just checking to see if you need any more help,Don
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am traveling for work so it will have to wait until this weekend. I am going to try what you said.

Thanks,

Rob

Expert:  Don Knight replied 1 year ago.
I will be here when every you need.Hope you have a safe trip,Don