Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring: I just installed a new tipm on

I just installed a new tipm on my Chrysler 06 pt cruiser the air bag light and brake light stays on and I have to turn the radio off manually is this something I can fix myself or do I have to go to a Chrysler dealer and get it programed.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name isXXXXX will be helping you today with your question today...

I'm a 15 Yr Chrysler dealership technician and yes it will need to be configured to your vehicle in order for it to work.. Now the Airbag could be fixed as easy as pushing down the Airbag fuses in the TIPM.. If it's a new TIPM the Airbag and radio fuse (IOD) will need to be pushed down to work.. Give that a try and if it still doesn't act right have your local Chrysler dealership Re-Configure the TIPM for your vehicle...

I hope this helps, and if you need anymore assistance don't hesitate to ask
Brad