Don Knight
Don Knight, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  40+ years experience all makes&models

Chrysler PT Cruiser: A/c. Fixed leak at evap core and put new

A/c. Fixed leak at evap core and put new compressor both ac lines and dryer. No more leaks holds vaccum overnight. Ice cold until u push on throttle then ac compressor kicks off. Let off gas pedal ac comes back on. Ice cold every time. Have tried pressure switch on dryer and back of compressor. Even tried another new compressor. Have also tried jumping air temp sensor
It sounds like you may have a problem with the throttle position sensor.If the sensor read wide open throttle it will stop power to the a/c clutch relay thus giving you all the power that you may need at wide open throttle.If you have a scan tool just watch the tp sensor when you give gas to the engine.If it goes above 2 volts at partial throttle then I would replace the sensor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not have a scan tool. But I am going to pick up a tps right now. Will know in aprox 20 minutes if I need further help.
OK will be here till 2 CDT.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did not change problem at all other suggestions? I put on new tps. Did not help. At idle is perfect drive down road compressor kicks off and on continuously. Low pressure 38 high pressure 225
Do you have a/c gages hooked up to the system to see what the pressures are?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. Low side 38 high side 225
What are the readings at 2000 rpm.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The high side stays at about 225-235 low side 35-40. Then compressor cuts off and of course low side goes to about 80 then compressor comes back on and low side goes back down to about 38
I am out of ideas so I will opt out and see if another expert can assist you.Good luck with the repairs,Don
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
U opted out and I never got help from anyone else. What is it u want me to do now?
I will try opening this question back up.Please dont respond to me or it will lock the question to me.Another expert should be along so please be patient,thanks,Don
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I no longer need the help it has been a week so I took it to the dealer. Thank u for trying