Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager

Chrysler Sebring JX (Convertible): hello I have a Chrysler

hello I have a Chrysler seabress 1997 v6 that some times when i'm coming to a stop sign it turns off

Hello and welcome, Super mechanic here. Thank you for trusting us with your concern. I will do my best to help you with your question.

That could be an idle air control problem or just dirt in the air passages in the throttle body.

You will want to do a throttle body cleaning on it to make sure that all of the idle air passages are clear of any carbon build up.

You can normally follow the directions on the can but I always spray some in the intake while the throttle plate is closed to be sure that it gets into all of the passages. You don’t want to use carb cleaner though, as it’s not safe for the 02 sensors.

Also, you want to be sure that there are no vacuum leaks and that the intake air hose is on good and free of any cracks.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.