Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician

I have a 1998 Chrysler Cirrus with a 2.5 SOHC engine that has

I have a 1998 Chrysler Cirrus with a 2.5 SOHC engine that has the follow problem. To me the engine has a slight miss at Idle and after for a while after acceleration I get a lot of blue smoke. Also when driving down the road looking in the mirror I see the same thing. I've done a tune-up thinking it would help but to no improvement. I'm seems to me as if it is running rich. My question is would a bad Map sensor or pressure regulator cause this problem? Note: when I replaced the plugs they looked pretty good a dark tan color to me.

Welcome and thank you for allowing me to assist you! This blue smoke is caused by worn valve stem seals. I see this a lot on the 2.5 Mitsubishi built V6 engines when they get up in mileage. Have the valve seals replaced and this will take care of this blue smoke issue. It is not a MAP sensor or fuel pressure regulator.

I hope this information helps and let me know if you need further assistance with this.