Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Chrysler 300 Touring: I have a 2005 chrysler 300 and the radio/navigation

I have a 2005 chrysler 300 and the radio/navigation light either comes on or it doesn't. However the radio still works and you can turn the volume up with the steering wheel controls. The CD plays but you can't change the tracks by the steering wheel or the buttons on the radio. The question is do I have to replace the entire factory radio or can it be fixed another way?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name isXXXXX will be helping you today with your question today...

I'm a 15 Yr Chrysler dealership technician and may I have the last 8 of your VIN to research this?

Thanks,
Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

5H556142

Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
HI Shawn,

Thanks for the reply!!!

Ok it looks like you have this radio:

It this correct? And you said the navigation/radio light either works or not?

And you have issues changing channels with the steering wheel controls?

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is not my radio. It's a touch screen 6 disc CD changer!

Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
HI Shawn,

When I look up your VIN it's not showing that radio.. Is it factory or aftermarket? And if factory do you see 3 small letters on the botXXXXX XXXXXke RER or REC?

Let me know,
Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Im trying to send you a picture however it won't upload

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Radio picture

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Steering wheel picture

Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
HI Shawn,

I got the pic!!

Ok you do have a factory REC Radio.. Was this always in this vehicle or who installed it? Just trying to see if the issues atarted after the radio install..

Thanks,
Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know I bought it used

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The only thing I've changed so far is the brakes, tires, and a tune up. Also switched the oil to synthetic

Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shawn,

Ok it didn't come factory in it and if the NAV is not working then it will need to be replaced, we send them to United Radio if we have a broken one at the shop. Their turn around is 1 day, which is fast. If not you could always install the factory radio to get it back to factory..

That maybe why the radio buttons don't work because wrong radio...

Let me know your thoughts,

Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Everything works when the display lites up. When its dark like the picture only the volume buttons work on steering wheel and preset buttons on the radio. The cd can't be controlled except for the volume.

Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shawn,

It sounds like the LCD is failing on the radio.. And the fix is to have it repaired or replaced...

If it was to stop working all together and a battery disconnect worked I would say the radio locked up but your issues sounds like a screen issue..

I hope this helps,

Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can the dealer fix it in a day like your early response stated?

Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay..

A dealer can take it out and send it to united radio and have it back in 1 day..

Let me know if you need anymore assistance,

Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience: 16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)