Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician

I am having a problem with a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country van

I am having a problem with a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country van with a 3.3L engine
When the left turn signal is activated it flashes dimly and quickly at the front and the right sidefront turn signal flashes also.When the hazard is activated, the licence plate lights also flashes.Could this be caused by the multifunction switch under the steering cloumn covers?

Welcome and thank you for allowing me to assist you! Well it may be a multifunction switch but I kind of doubt it. I have seen things like this caused by a bad bulb. Sometimes the filaments in the bulbs can short out onto one another and bleed current from one filament to the other. So check that first. While the problem is acting up, start removing the park/turn signal bulbs and see if the problem stops. If it does, then the bulb or the socket is defective and should be replaced.

I hope this helps,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Chris,
I have already tried a used turn signal switch while i was waiting on a response and no change. I am going to try a new bulb now and get back to you.Thanks.

Ok Nelson, let me know,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Chris,
I have just tried (3) different 3457NALL light bulbs and the same thing happens.These are all new bulbs.I looked at the inside of the socket and it is clean and shiny so i doubt the socket is faulty.
I should also mention that when the manual headlamp switch is on in park and full headlight is on, the left turn signal at the front is not working.
Also, when the park lamp switch is on, the left front lamp is not 'on'.Do you have any other suggestions?

Ok Nelson, try this: with the left turn signal on and acting up, wiggle the wiring harness at and around the left front and rear lamp units. See if wiggling it will make the light flash normally. There may be a poor ground connection around there.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Chris,
Success,thanks to you.While i was wiggling the wire harness and could find nothing i noticed a white wire with a ring terminal.So i grounded it to one of the (3) screws securing the headlamp and everything worked normal as before.
Thanks very much for your persistence and help.