sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Chrysler PT Cruiser: I have a 2002 pt cruiser. Went to drive

I have a 2002 pt cruiser. Went to drive it this morning and the windows will not move, the airbag light stays on, the rear window defroster will not go on and the ac/heater/fan does not work.
Tested every fuse and they are all good Help!
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If all fuses are ok then the most likely cause for this would be a bad ignition switch. It would take some simple electrical testing at the switch with a voltmeter or test light to know for sure. All of the components that you have not working are fed power in one way or another when the key is turned on through ignition switch circuits. If fuses in both boxes have been verified good then most likely you're going to need an ignition switch.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hey Sprinkles

Thanks for the quick answer. It is an older car, so my immediate thought is:How much will this cost? It may not be worth a $1000 to fix a 12 year old car with 90K miles. Can you give me a guess at what this might cost?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Tim Stevens

If it's the ignition switch it isn't an expensive repair at all. Replacing the ignition switch would be under $200 at a shop.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Sprinkles,

I am more than satisfied with your advice!

I am just behind in emails.

I will give you the very best rating in just a couple

of minutes.

Tim Stevens