Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician

Chrysler PT Cruiser Turbo: PT Cruiser trunk remote stopped

Customer Question

PT Cruiser trunk remote stopped working. A fuse? I hear a clicking inside the car, but no release
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 3 years ago.

Welcome and thank you for allowing me to assist you! Do the other door's lock and unlock with the remote?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  Chris replied 3 years ago.

Ok, thanks Lynn, then it is not a fuse if the other doors lock and unlock. The problem is most likely a broken wire in the rubber boot between the top of the liftgate and the body of the vehicle, or a faile liftgate lock motor. What needs to be done is to first pull those boots away and inspect the wiring for any broken wires and repair them. If the wires are ok, then a 12 volt test light will be needed to check for power/voltage at the connector to the lock motor in the liftgate. If there is voltage when pressing the lock or unlock buttons on the remote, then have the lock motor replaced. Any reputable shop should be able to check this fairly quickly.

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, Chris!
Expert:  Chris replied 3 years ago.

You are welcome Lynn! Thank you also,