Mike V.v
Mike V.v, Technician
Experience:  25 years automotive experience all makes and models, Subaru and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

Chrysler Pacifica Touring: How do I remove the rear bearing/hub

How do I remove the rear bearing/hub from a 2008 Chrysler Pacifica, Touring, 4.0L? I've removed the four torx bolts from the back, but the bear/hub will not budge. Please advise
Hello and thank you for your question today!
You also have to remove the nut from the axle in the center, can I assume this has been done?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is on the rear wheel. There is no nut, and no drive shaft for that matter. Just a splined hole that I suspect might be used for the all wheel drive models which mine is not one of.

Ah,sorry, I misread it was the rear.
Ok, What I do is take a hammer and a chisel and wedge it between the backing plate and the hub. This will get it started coming out. The other option that sometimes works is a slide hammer, but this will usually just separate the heb and the bearing. The chisel will wedge in there and you can work both sides back and forth to get it moving. It looks like an easy thing to do, but they are usually so rusted in they never just slide out.
Hope this helps!
Please be sure to let me know if you need further assistance. If not, please be sure to rate my answer. If you used the free trial, a rating is still required,you card will not be charged. Thank You!