Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Chrysler 300m: I have chrysler 300m the batery light keeps

Customer Question

I have chrysler 300m the batery light keeps comeing on and hard to start. I changed battery and alternator. I don't understand what's going on
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is Brad, I will be helping you today with your question today...

I'm a 15 Yr Chrysler dealership technician and can you do this:

Without starting the engine, cycle the ignition ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON WITHIN 5 seconds. Where the odometer is should now be displayed "p-codes" (ie. P1234) - Can I have these codes?

Let me know what codes are in system,

Brad
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No code show up

Expert:  Brad replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the reply!!!

Do you know if the battery cables are clean and not corroded, as this will cause it not to charge.. Next here is the wiring diagram:

Can you tell me if the Orange/Green, and the red wire has 12v at the alternator? Then start it and tell me if the Dark green has a ground signal..

Let me know,
Brad
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The cables are clean . The guy that works on my car said alternator is 14v and the wires were good.

Expert:  Brad replied 3 years ago.
HI Jessica,

May I have the last 8 of your VIN to research this?

Thanks,
Brad
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1H558652

Expert:  Brad replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jessica,

Ok I went and looked and if your alternator is charging 14v and your battery keeps going dead then the voltage from the alternator is not getting to the battery.. To see what is going on I suggest that you have the battery cables load tested to see if they have a bad spot in them..

Let me know what you find, if you need anymore assistance,
Brad
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My battery is charged my car don't die. The light comes on and hard to stsrt that's all its doing . Where do I go to get the wires tested

Expert:  Brad replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jessica,

When it's hard to start, do you have to get a jump start before it will start?

Brad
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No

Expert:  Brad replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jessica,

What do you do to make it start? Just keep trying to start it? Does the starter click?

I wish I knew more about what is happening when it won't start, that way I could better help..

Thanks,
Brad
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It startes it just slow. When I'm driving my battery light comes on. I just give the car some gas when I start it if it acts like its not going to. I here the starter clicking when I start it. Also my light flicker while driving my dashboard and at night when driving.

Expert:  Brad replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jessica,

Ok it sounds like the battery cable from the battery to the starter needs to be checked. As well as the battery cables to the alternator. I would have them load test the wires and your likely going to find your issue there..

Brad
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My car will not start at all now. Or even click when start

Expert:  Brad replied 3 years ago.
HI Jessica,

Ok good.. Now can you see if the battery has 12v and the starter has 12v? You will need either a test light or multi-meter..

Let me know what you find,
Brad