hilltop4527, Mechanic
Experience:  I am an Owner/Operator with 15 years experience in almost all makes and models.

Chrysler Town & Country LXi: i just got a 2000 town and

i just got a 2000 town and country lxi and when it had a 1/8 of a tank of gas it started to buck like it was stalling or didnt want to shift but once going and a good pace it would be fine and i got gas and it stopped what does that mean?
Hi I see you are having trouble. I will try to help. There could be a couple of things happening with your car. The most likely is that the car has set and not been driven much and water has entered the gas tank from condensation. When this happens all the bad gas settles in the bottom of the tank and when you run it low on gas there is not enough good gas to mix with the bad so that now you are running on weak gas and the engine will not run very well on low octane gas. The other thing that could be happening is that the fuel gage isn't reading correctly and you were running out of gas. The first thing I mentioned is the most likely. Here is what you can do go to the auto parts store and get a bottle of water remover for gas. I have had good luck with the heet brand. And also fill up with premium gas. This should solve your problem. Thank you for using Just Answer.