hilltop4527, Mechanic
Experience:  I am an Owner/Operator with 15 years experience in almost all makes and models.

Chrysler crossfire: I have been having transmission problems

I have been having transmission problems with my 2004 Chrysler crossfire. I did a diagnostics test and it read OWN numbers p0715 , p0730 , and p0151. My car is now unable to shift and stays in first gear. Any solutions to this problem?
Hi I see you are having trouble. I will try to help. The P0715 code has to do with the Input speed sensor or its circuit. You could change the sensor if you want to try to do it yourself. This is the most likely cause. If this doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem with the circuit. It won't shift because the computer does not see how fast the car is going. These have 2 speed sensors 1 for the speedometer and 1 for the computer. Thank you for using Just Answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was looking at the connector assembly and I can't find the sensor. Are the solenoids the same thing as a sensor? There are two solenoids and on the other side of the assembly there is a solenoid lifting magnet. If the sensor and solenoid are the same thing, do I have to replace anything else in order to replace the solenoids?

It is different than the solenoids. I tried to find the location on my software but had no luck. You could check online at one of the auto parts stores for an input speed sensor and see if they have a picture so you will know what to look for or buy the sensor so you will know what to look for. good Luck

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried to purchase the sensors through a Chrysler dealership and was told that I can't purchase the sensors individually and that I would have to purchase a complete connector assembly kit which includes the sensors. Does this sound accurate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Need more info

How much info do you expect to get for $6.50? You asked for a solution to the problem not the location of the sensor. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.