hilltop4527, Mechanic
Experience:  I am an Owner/Operator with 15 years experience in almost all makes and models.

Chrysler 300M: while driving a2001chrysler 300m the brakes

while driving a2001chrysler 300m the brakes seem to engage on there own to slow the car down.also the brake pedal is at the very top w/ no play in pedal.this does not happen all the time,but no definite pattern.has new brakes,calipers.
Hi I see you are having trouble. I will try to help. I could not respond through live answer mode so I switched to question and answer mode. I think your problem may be the power brake booster. Here is how to diagnose. First find the large rubber hose that goes to the brake booster. Now drive the car until the brakes lock up, pull over put the transmission in park and unhook this hose now see if the brakes are unlocked. Try this and let me know what you find. If that's not the problem we will dig deeper. thank you for using Just Answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hilltop4527-sorry for the delay. we are currently installing a powerbrake booster on our 2001 chrysler.however the work is not completed yet,so we are not sure if the problem is corrected.we will keep you posted. JERRY L