Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chrysler Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic

Chrysler Sebring: what is the proper procedure for reconnecting

what is the proper procedure for reconnecting my battery cables to my battery on a 2008 sebring convertible

If you look closely at the cable ends, you will notice that one of the cables has a larger hole than the other cable.

If you look closely at the battery posts, you will notice that one post is larger (fatter) than the other one.

Install the cables with the larger hole cable going to the larger battery post.

If you have further questions feel free to reply.

Here is a picture.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I know what a positive and negative look like on a battery and my battery does not connect like that

Hi Frances,

See if this helps you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Virtual Wrench. The top picture with the view of the cables is what I needed to see. I thought I had connected them properly but was really unsure. Normal batteries aren't hidden and they also have only 2 cables while mine has 4. I knew the 2 red ones went under the cover plate, but the 2 black ones had me stumped as they do not have the same separation plate as the red ones. So now I know I did it the right way the first time. I am now totally satisfied with your answer. Thank you Virtual Wrench.

Hi Frances,

You are very welcome!

Please don't forget to rate my service today.