Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  25 years certified Chrysler technician and ASE Certified Master Technician
12365498

Chrysler town and country: I have a 2001 Chrysler town and

I have a 2001 Chrysler town and country and I have the rear differential out and I want to change the seals on the output shaft but I cant seem to find a seal kit or anything. All I found was a kit for the 2000 model. Do you know what kit I can use and how to remove the old seal?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for allowing me to assist you! I have been looking also for a part number for you and like you cannot find it. So you will need to go get the seal from the Chrysler dealer's part department. If you want the part number, I should be able to look it up for you so then you could just call them up and give them the part number.

Chris.

graphic

1 - INPUT FLANGE SEAL
2 - SCREWDRIVER

.Using suitable screwdriver, remove input flange seal from overrunning clutch housing (Input Flange Seal Removal).

graphic

1 - OUTPUT FLANGE SEAL
2 - SCREWDRIVER

2.Remove rear halfshaft inner joint at differential output flange (Inner Half Shaft Bolts).
3.Using two screwdrivers and wood blocks to protect differential housing casting, pry output flange out of differential (Output Flange Removal).
4.Use suitable screwdriver to remove output flange seal (Output Flange Seal Removal).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh man if you could get me a part number that would be great. Just to make sure this is for the rear differential correct? Also you just need to pry it out with a flat head screwdriver?
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok Jason, Yes this is for the rear differential. And yes just pry it out with a large flat head screw driver.

I will get that number asap.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok brother I'll be waiting. Thanks
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Jason, I found it. The Mopar part number for the rear differential seal kit is 05019758AA. Your Chrysler dealer should be able to get that for you.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great thanks again for helping me out. I'll order the part tomorrow and I should be good to go.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome Jason!

Chris

Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience: 25 years certified Chrysler technician and ASE Certified Master Technician