Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Chrysler Sebring JX (Convertible): i just found out that my

i just found out that my 2006 chrysler convertible failed emmision testing due to my egr being bad. i took it to repair shop and was told that the engine in my car has no egr valve. what do i do?

Welcome and thank you for allowing me to assist you! Some 2.7 V6 had an EGR valve and some did not. Open the hood, and look on the VECI (Vehicle Emission Control Information) label under the hood. Look at it closely. If the car was supposed to have EGR, then it will be listed on the label. If you do not see EGR listed, then it does not have it and you should go back to the smog station and prove to them that they made a mistake and please re test the car.

Chris

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where is this VECI located under the hood? my repair guy said that there is no place on the engine for an egr valve. Also, how do i prove it to the emmision people?

The label should be either on the bottom side of the hood itself, or maybe in the engine compartment attached to a shock tower. It will look something like this label. If the emission people say that something is wrong with your supposed EGR valve, then ask them to point out the valve itself. If it is really not there like your mechanic says, then that will prove it once and for all.

Chris

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here