hauto, Technician
Experience:  15 years hands on experince, AS degree in automotive technology. self employed operate own shop

Chrysler Pacifica: 2007 Chrysler

2007 Chrysler Pacifica, 4.0 engine, 6 speed trans. How many quarts of ATF+4 do I need for a fluid and filter change? Our vegicle has 64,000 miles on it and maint. schedule B indicates fluid and filter change should be at 60,000. Would I be better having the entire system flushed with ATF+$ trans fluid then install a new filter/ I usuall utilixe Wix filters. Please advise. Thank you. Dale [email protected]

Thank you for using JA

a filter and fluid replacement is always a better choice then a flush, start with 4 qts of fluid and check the level when hot, let the trans go in all gears for few seconds as the engine is running and check the level. it may take only 4 qts or up to 5.5 qts.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This Chrysler trans does not have a dip stick. It came from the factory without one. I need to know specifically how many quarts should be used with a fluid and filter change as there is no way to check the level.

Dale xxxxx

Thanks for the reply, you reply with the vin so I can look this up
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This vehicle's VIN is: 2A8GM78X67R163144

Ok Dale, you have the CD62TE TRANSMISSION, it takes 5.5qts. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK. Message received.

Have a good weekend.

Dale Groom