REMOVAL 1. Start with the folding top in the raised and latched position. 2. Disconnect the battery negative cable. 3. Remove the well liner/carpet from the folding top well. 4. Remove the rear quarter trim panels. NOTE: Place a reference mark along the outer edge of the shelf seat brackets to ensure they are installed back to the original position.
5. Remove the seat back support brackets. 6. Remove the motor/hydraulic pump foam cover. 7. Remove the six cable tie straps (three per side) and clip the three on the left side to separate the wire harness.
8. Remove the two motor/hydraulic pump retaining nuts.
9. Remove the two retaining bolts for each hydraulic cylinder.
10. Remove the hydraulic cylinders from the main pivot brackets. 11. Disconnect the relay and motor connectors. 12. Remove the motor/hydraulic pump assembly from the vehicle.INSTALLATION 1. Position the motor/hydraulic pump assembly in the vehicle.
2. Connect the relay and motor connectors.
3. Install the hydraulic cylinders to the main pivot brackets.
4. Install the two retaining bolts for each hydraulic cylinder.
5. Install the two motor/hydraulic pump retaining nuts. 6. Install the six cable tie straps (three per side) to secure the wire harness. 7. Install the motor/hydraulic pump foam cover. NOTE: Take note of the reference marks along the outer edge of the shelf seat brackets to ensure they are installed back to the original position.
8. Install the seat back support brackets. 9. Install the rear quarter trim panels. 10. Install the well liner/carpet into the folding top well. 11. Connect the battery negative cable. 12. Verify normal power top system operation and check for hydraulic oil leaks. Adjust power top as necessary.
Reasons to adjust the folding top assembly 1. Pull-down and latching efforts are too high. 2. Wrinkles appear in the canopy. 3. Header "slap" when the folding top is raised, prior to pull down. 4. Dowel pin alignment. NOTE: No adjustments should be done at the internal folding top adjustment screws on the Main Pivot Bracket of the folding top (these screws are only for initial settings at the supplier).Adjustment of the floating bow tension strap barrels (to add or relieve tension to the canopy). 1. The folding top should be in a raised position and latched at the header.
2. The tension straps are located in the most rearward point of the trunk compartment. 3. From inside the trunk area (1 per side) adjust the tension barrels clockwise to tighten the canopy and counter clockwise to reduce canopy tension. The left tension barrel bolt has access. The right tension bolt must be accessed through the jack storage door opening. 4. The 10 mm hex screw located on the bottom side of each barrel adjusts the tension barrels. Turn the screw counter clockwise to loosen the canopy. Turn the screw clockwise to tighten the canopy. Each screw turn represents 1.25 mm (0.05 in) of adjustment. 5. It is recommended that the barrels be adjusted no more than 2.5 mm (0.10 in.). 6. After the barrels have been adjusted, cycle the folding top to the fully stowed position and then raise it back up and latch it at the header.Adjustment of the C-link stop-screws (to align the dowel pins on the folding top with the dowel pin receptacles in the windshield frame mounted strikers) 1. The folding top should be in a raised position and unlatched at the header. 2. Visually inspect the fore/aft alignment of the dowel pin to the dowel pin receptacles in the windshield frame mounted strikers (the center line axis of the dowel pins should be aligned with the center line axis of the dowel pin receptacles). Measure the amount of misalignment. 3. Lower the folding top to the stowed position.
4. Locate the stop-screw at the base of the C-link to the main pivot bracket (1 per side) between the quarter window and the interior quarter trim (they are only visible when the folding top is in the stowed position). 5. Turn the stop-screw(s) (13 mm jam nut - torx(R) 40 the amount required. One half clockwise rotation (turn to the right) of the screw will move the folding top forward 2.0 mm (0.08 in), and one half counterclockwise rotation (turn to the left) of the screw will move the folding top rearward 2.0 mm (0.08 in). 6. Raise the folding top and pull down on the handle. The dowel pins should fall into the center of the dowel pin receptacles. There should be no rubbing or noise from the dowel pins when the dowel pins enter the dowel pin receptacles. 7. Repeat steps 1 through 6 as required. NOTE: The folding top dowel pins can be shifted side to side by turning one side stop-screw out and the opposite side stop-screw in.
OK found motor and lift cylinders. Am looking for leak but can't find one. Must be low on oil. I assume the top has to be up to add oil. What type of oil is needed. Found used cylinders on net . Can I replace 1 at a time or are both needed?
one moment please
you replace the motor as a unit
Tim this is great but how do I save this? Is there a way you can send in PDF format so I can save it. I will be removing the lifts and motor next week. Don't want to hold this open and delay payment. Will give you highest rating and good tip.
no real need to save it
you can sign in to justanswer and go to your questions,,,,it will be there
you can try right clicking to turn it blue,,then,left click the save to save it to your computer
Tim want to give you $9 tip for your help. Did this before but page didn't show this time.
sorry i missed you..
that would be great...but would be happy with a positive rating..thanks