sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Town and Country: I have a 2008 Chrysler T&C Van with

I have a 2008 Chrysler T&C Van with 30000 miles. One day last month the van wouldn't start, for no apparent reason, I had it towed to the dealrship and after a day or two the found that the back light for the radio wasn't going to sleep with the ignation off.
They popped in a new radio, an expensive radio, and I was off.
A little over one month later my battery was dead again first thing in the AM. I had it towed back to the dealership where they found that the blower motor wasn't going to sleep when the key was off. They are working with Chrysler to fix it but after two days I am still walking. Is the van going to have a problem each month till put it out of my misery?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

No, I wouldn't expect you to have a new problem each month. That said, with the van approaching six years old if it's not there already, as complex as it is electrically some problems here and there are inevitable. Electrical problems do happen from time to time even on new or nearly new vehicles. The two issues you have just had aren't related at all. The radio was definitely an internal failure and something I've seen on quite a few occasions, but the blower motor issue is not common. It sounds like that issue may the TIPM (module/fuse box under the hood), assuming the blower motor is the only thing that will still operate with the key off.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK I hope you are right. I am giving you a good rating, because we can't tell if you are right untill it dosen't have another problem next month.

PS i like your warbird picture