Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)

Chrysler crossfire: I need to replace speaker and head unit

I need to replace speaker and head unit components on my crossfire limited roadster.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.. Here are the instructions:

WARNING: Disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, seat belt tensioner, side airbag, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the air bag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in accidental airbag deployment and possible personal injury.

Record customer defined presets.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the radio by performing the following:
Using Special Tool 9241 Radio Removal tool, insert the tools into the slots with the jagged edge toward the center of the radio until a slight click is heard.
Gently pull the rings on the radio tools to dislodge radio.
Pull the radio from the vehicle dash.
Disconnect the radio harness connectors.
Remove the radio from the vehicle.

What speak do you need to replace?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did not ask how to removfe the head unit. Here were the questions I asked:

What size are rear sub-woofers?

Are they 2 ohm?

Does the factory amp support 4 ohm speaker system throughout?

additionally. Pls provide the AMP specifications and brand/model#.

Hi Tim,

This is the question I see:

I see that you have Already Tried:
I am researching specifications. What size are rear sub-woofers? Are they 2 ohm? Does the factory amp support 4 ohm speaker system throughout?

The Amp is a factory amp made by Infinity. And it's a 2 Ohm system.. The rear subs are 6 3/4 speakers. The AMP part number is XXXXX and it costs 396.00 at your local dealership..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok. I need more information in order to determine speaker characteristics for both the rear 6 3/4 DVC sub woofers and the component speakers for the front.

1. What are the OEM front speaker ohm, sensitivity, and max RMS?

2. What are teh OEM rear sub-woofer ohm, sensitivity, and max RMS?

3. What are the specs for the infinity amp? Watts/channels/ohms/distortion. If current rating is also available that would be great(but I know many times it is not given by mfgr)

With this information I can select replacement speakers that will compliment the amp in a way that provides comparable volume levels with similar head unit volume. I can then rate/finish this question and will feel very good about the $18 for the question. :)

Hi Tim,

-The factory speakers are 2 Ohm and max 35 watt rms. The amp is a 4 channel @35 watts per channel. It's hard to find a 2 Ohms speaker without going back with factory.. If you are wanting performance I suggest replaceing the entire system..

Here is a wiring diagram:

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can you give me the dimensions of the amplifier? H,D,L?