Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified

Chrysler LHM: I have a 2000 chrysler LHS that has an overheating

I have a 2000 chrysler LHS that has an overheating problem.
I took it to pep boys and they replace the timing belt and the water pump.
Took the car out and it still had an overheating problem.
I took it back and then they told me to replace the thermostat
Had it replaced, took the car back and I STILL had overheating problems.
Took it back to a NEW MECHANIC who recommended a new radiator.
Put in a new radiator and the car STILL overheated (after an hour of driving)
Now the pep boys mechanic called me back and told me to check the head gasket even tho the same mechanic told me the car passed the HEAD GASKET test

So now my 2nd mechanic did find head gasket problems and recommended K SEAL as an inexpensive way to keep the car running..

Any thoughts on this? Wont this mess up my engine more.
My 2nd mechanic swears by K SEAL - He has an old chrysler that had head gasket problems and he uses it to keep it running
Welcome to Just Answer Chrysler my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

In reality, any sort of "stop leak" product is not going to do anything for a headgasket leak.

These products tend to clog up the heater core first and then your inside heat is diminished quite a bit, and your leak is actually still leaking.

So.........I would suggest you don't bother trying this "fix" because as you suspect it will likely cause other issues to develop and not "fix" the original problem you are having.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you are seeking.

Thank you,