Mauricio
Mauricio, Technician
Experience:  15 years experience on all make and models

Chrysler Sebring Touring Convertable: I took my car in for

Customer Question

I took my car in for an oil change (new shop). They said I have a minor coolant leak in the upper coolant housing. How hard is this to fix on my car. My friend wants to do the work. He knows how to work on cars. I didn't want to impose a lot. The shop said it would estimate cost about $350 for the job to open the upper coolant housing and replace the gasket or whatever needs replaced.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mauricio replied 2 years ago.

Mauricio :

Hello

Mauricio :

You need to replace the housing, the housing is the problem not the gasket, you can buy the housing from the dealer, the labor involve on this job is around 2 hours and very easy to do, if you friend nows a little about car he can do.

Mauricio :

Here is the picture for the housing also replace the thermostat.

Mauricio :

Full Size Image

Customer:

Thank you for your help!

Mauricio, Technician
Experience: 15 years experience on all make and models
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I called the Dealer Parts dept. They said I'd also need the Coolant bypass @ $119. Do I need to replace that too on my 2006 Sebring touring Convertable V6? They also said I'd need the thermostat seal. They said the anerobic sealant would need to be thourghly cleaned out. So at $95 hourly rate for a 2 hour job I'd save a lot for my friend to do this work. The shop that told me about the issue estimated $380, and that's about the same as the dealer. Is it hard to replace the coolant bypass? Can you send me a diagram for that? Do you think I should replace it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello,I I worked with Mauricio on and issue with my Chrysler cooling system.
See below:
July 7th
took my car in for an oil change (new shop). They said I have a minor coolant leak in the upper coolant housing. How hard is this to fix on my car. My friend wants to do the work. He knows how to work on cars. I didn't want to impose a lot. The shop said it would estimate cost about $350 for the job to open the upper coolant housing and replace the gasket or whatever needs replaced.
Country: United States
Make: Chrysler
Model: Sebring Touring Convertable
Year: 2006
Engine: v6

Already Tried:
Nothing. Just notified of the problem
Mauricio :
Hello
Mauricio :
Mauricio :
This week: ( but they did not answer and closed the question.)
I called the Dealer Parts dept. They said I'd also need the Coolant bypass @ $119. Do I need to replace that too on my 2006 Sebring touring Convertable V6? They also said I'd need the thermostat seal. They said the anerobic sealant would need to be thourghly cleaned out. So at $95 hourly rate for a 2 hour job I'd save a lot for my friend to do this work. The shop that told me about the issue estimated $380, and that's about the same as the dealer. Is it hard to replace the coolant bypass? Can you send me a diagram for that? Do you think I should replace it?

Country: United States
Make: Chrysler
Model: Sebring JX (Convertible)
Year: 2006
Engine: V6

Already Tried:
Nothing - New question at end of email chain. Thanks.