Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Chrysler Pacifica: How to turn off autostick

Customer Question

How to turn off autostick
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.

Brad :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is Brad and I will be assisting you.. To get it out of autostick simply shift it into neutral and then back into drive.. Or press the shifter all the way up like in 5th-6th gear.. It will show D for drive again..

Brad :

I'm sorry your shifter has the autostick if you pull it all the way down and then left for gear down and right for gear up.. Simply push the shifter toward the dash 1 click to place it into drive..

Brad :

If you need anymore asisstance, feel free to ask..

Customer : it won't move out of park
Brad :

I understand.. I thought your question was how to turn off autostick.. Your shifter not coming out of park is a different issue.. Just a sec while I gather some info.

Brad :

May I have the last 8 of your VIN to properly look up your vehicle? Thanks!

Customer : I'm looking
Brad :

Take your time..

Customer : 7r336676
Brad :

Thanks!!!

Brad :

And you have removed the chrome bezel and pressed the pink override release switch, and it still won't come out of park?

Customer : Yes
Brad :

Then the shifter is faulty and will need to be replaced..

Customer : Great!
Brad :

Since the shifter is faulty and broken, if you need to drive it you can get a good grip on it and snatch it into drive.. This will break the pink thinky and allow you to drive it.. But beware that it will go into drive with your foot on the brake which is dangerous..

Customer : Thanks anyway how much should that cost me
Customer : Ballpark
Brad :

This is the same thing we do at dealership when they get towed in to get repaired... We shift them in parking lot and drive them in shop..

Brad :

Let me get you a price, just a sec

Brad :

Good news.. If you don't shift it into drive and finish breaking the shifter there is a repair kit..

If the shifter is stuck in park, and the condition is due to a broken interlock lever spring HOOK, do not replace the shifter. The Lever and spring are released in Kit 68088259AB. The Kit includes an Instruction Sheet

Brad :

The price is 7.25 for repair kit

Customer : Where can you buy that to do myself?
Brad :

You can take that part number to your nearest dodge dealership and purchase it.. The instructions are in it.. Or if you like the shifter is only 87.00

Customer : Thank you so much maybe my husband can fix!!!
Brad :

You are very welcome!!!

Brad :

Please don't forget to rate my level of service that I have shown you today..

Brad :

If you need anything else, feel free to follow-up with me at no charge..

Brad :

Have a greatday!!
Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I gave you an excellent!!
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
Hi Donna,

Thank you so much for the "Excellent" rating!!!

Have a greatday!!
Brad