Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.
3195632

my 2006 PT Cruiser turns over but will not start. new battery

my 2006 PT Cruiser turns over but will not start. new battery new coil pack

have you checked for fuel and spark?

Is the security light on steady, blinking, or goes off after about 10 seconds?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the security light goes off after turning key. The car iks getting spark not sure if fuel pump is pumpiong but sounds like it
HI,

Ok, even if fuel pump is operating, it doesnt mean you have proper pressure to start the engine.

Proper fuel pressure is 53-61psi. As you can see, it requires quite a bit of fuel pressure to start and run.

the proper way to check is with a fuel pressure gage.

Absent this, spray some starting fluid or even carb cleaner into the throttle body and try to start. If it starts and runs for a few seconds, then replace the fuel pump.

If not, then compression should be checked for possible broken timing belt.

If ok, then the crank shaft position sensor, cam position sensor and onboard computer all need to be tested. Unfortunately, these require the use of a diagnostic scan tool.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES , however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE / 3-5 smiley faces to pay for services rendered per customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and expert is not paid for their time, knowledge or services until you do so.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES , however you are not charged again. Thank you.