Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.

PT Cruiser: how much or how many labor hour should be spent

how much or how many labor hour should be spent on pulling motor and resurfaceing bottom end motor while out put new timing chain and water pump before putting back together. it is a 2002 pt cruiser. I also understand the front end will have to be removed in this process
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Ok, to R&R engine, resurface/rework the bottom end, install new timing belt and water pump is 23.8 hours labor

Depending upon local shop's hourly labor rate, about $2000-2400

Ok, P0605 is an internal failure of the tranmission control module. There is absolutely no work around on this. The TCM must be replaced and then programmed.

You cannot just clear the code. This is because it is a hard failure of a component. you can clear the code by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes, but as soon as you drive it for a few miles the computer will detect the same fault code since it hasnt been repaired and will set it again and put the car in limp mode.

This has nothing to do with the oil change or fluid check as it is no where near them. The TCM is located behind the left wheel well splash shield:
graphic
View Full Image

while you can replace it yourself by removing the left front wheel and then splash shield to access it to unbolt and remove the TCM and install the new one, once installed you will need to tow it to a chrysler dealer to be programmed. Software for this programming is proprietary and not available anywhere but the dealer. they charge 1 hour labor for this.

The TCM will run about $550-650 depending upon where you order it from.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES , however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience: 20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.