Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician

My left turn signal lights dont work..front left..hazard lights

My left turn signal lights don't work correctly. The front left flickers on and off way too fast, the back right taillight doesn't light up at all.
When I turned on the hazard lights... they all work... except the back right light.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. When you turn on the left turn signal, does the left rear flash fast like the left front does?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, the left turn signal works fine... both front and back. It's only the right turn signal that flickers in front
and doesn't show at all in the rear.
Expert:  Chris replied 4 years ago.

Oh, ok, you initially said that it was the left front that flashes too fast. If it is the right front that flashes too fast, and nothing at the right rear, then the right rear stop/turn signal bulb has probably burnt out and replacing that bulb will take care of this problem.

If you need the procedure on how to replace it, then tell me the model of your Chrysler, and I will be happy to send that to you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
But, I would need to replace the bulb know if that was the problem. So, how could I "accept Answer"
if I don't know if that's the cause?

But, incidentally, about four months ago... I replaced the rear right light bulb... because it had burnt out.
Is this the same thing... the right bulb just burns out every four months or so?
Expert:  Chris replied 4 years ago.

Well it could be a failing bulb socket assembly. I have seen where the terminals in the socket get overheated because they fit loosely where the bulb's contacts connect to the socket terminals. This can cause excessive heat in that area and cause premature bulb failure. So when you go to change the bulb, inspect the terminals in the socket and replace it if you see signs of discoloration on the terminals. The #1 cause of a fast flashing turn signal is a burnt bulb.