Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified

2004 Pacifica: you remove the control head from the dash?

How do you remove the control head from the dash? I have a 2004 Pacifica, that was manufactured in 09/2003.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Chrysler my name isXXXXX don't know your automotive experience level, so I may need to alter the answer to your needs.

So, is the concern you are having the fact that the blower motor doesn't work?

Has the resistor been changed?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My concern is that we have narrowed it down to the control panel. I have found one and want to replace it myself, but don't want to damage the dash. I just need to know how to remove and replace the control head.
Sure, no problem.

First, you need to remove the center trim bezel from the dash. Once you have that out of the way, then the control head is attached with screws to the dash thatr you take out and then unplug the unit.

To get the center bezel off, you will need to disengage the locking tabs attaching instrument panel center bezel right and/or left side
. Since it is held in place with clips, you just need to pry gently. We use a tool that resembles a plastic popsicle stick so we don't leave any marks.

The trim ring around the key clinder will also need to come off and it will just pull off as well.

Here is a pic that may help you understand what needs to come off.

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So is it just one piece of the dash that has to come off?
You need to remove the side pieces as shown in the pic.....#3. This will allow you to then remove the center bezel.

I hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience: 24 Year Factory Trained and Certified