Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician

2010 chrysler: lock / unlock..key fob will not lock and unlock the doors

I bought a 2010 chrysler town and county today and now the lock / unlock on the key fob will not lock and unlock the doors. The only buttons on the key pad are lock open / lock and panic.

Hello and welcome to just answer. The battery in your remote may need to be replaced. Your auto parts store can check that and replace the battery if needed. Now as far as the manual key, it should be in the remote. Look on the key and you will see a plastic slide/lock thing. Slide that to the left with your fingernail and pull the key out. Now you can unlock the door!

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

cjmopar -

1) I didn't know how to get at the manual key - thank you.

2) I swapped batteries with a woking remote and it would not open my locks and put my battery in the other opener and theirs worked, so I am pretty sure it is not the battery. Is there a button I may have pushed to enforce a child lock or something of that sort?

There is no button that you may have pressed, so don't worry about that. If a known good battery did not work, then the remote may have failed or needs to be reprogrammed to the van again. Go to your dealer and have the remote tested and replaced or reprogrammed to your vehicle.