Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

2005 chrysler sebring: back power window wont go up all the way

Customer Question

2005 chrysler sebring back power window won't go up all the way?
How to repair or what to replace
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

tim's auto repair :

hi

tim's auto repair :

the steel cable inside the cable cover can get frayed and make it hard for the motor to pull,,thus.kicking the breaker fuse

tim's auto repair :

i would think you will need to replace the regulator

tim's auto repair :

you can get a good buy on new regulators on www.ebay.com most times

tim's auto repair :

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

tim's auto repair :

2005 Chrysler Sebring Sedan L4-2.4L VIN X
Rear Door Window Regulator Service and Repair, Procedures

REMOVAL
1. Remove door waterdam.
2. Remove glass from regulator roller channel. Secure glass in the up position in the door frame.
3. Disconnect power window motor wire connector, if equipped.

17_cr05sebsd_23-057.png
Full Size Image

Rear Door Regulator

4. Loosen screw attaching regulator scissor channel to door panel.
5. Remove screw and bolt heads from keyhole slots in door panel.
6. Loosen bolts attaching regulator to door panel.
7. Remove regulator from door panel.
8. Slide regulator rearward and rotate forward end of roller channel through access hole in door panel.

INSTALLATION
1. Position regulator on door panel through access hole in door panel.
2. Tighten bolts attaching regulator to door panel.
3. Install screw and bolt heads on scissor channel to keyhole slots in door panel.
4. Tighten screw attaching regulator scissor channel to door panel.
5. Connect power window motor wire connector, if equipped.
6. Position glass to regulator roller channel.
7. Tighten fasteners attaching door glass to roller channel.
8. Install door waterdam.

tim's auto repair :