Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified

2004 PT Cruiser: non-turbo radiator fan..Cooling Fan..Fan Motor

2004 PT Cruiser non-turbo radiator fan is not turning. we replaced the Radiator Cooling Fan Motor Relay. both high and low relays in the power distribution box click when either starting the car or turning on the a/c. we have bled the air from the thermostat neck. Is there a way to test the fan by itself or is there another relay / switch we should check?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Chrysler my name is Mark. I don't know your automotive experience level, so I may need to alter the answer to your needs.

Do you have a piece of jumper wire you can use to bypass the relay?

If you do, pull the relay out and turn it over and you will see that the terminals are numbered. Look for #30 and #87.

Install a jumper wire between those 2 terminals in the fuse box. What this will do is send direct power to the fan to make it run. If the fan doesn't run, then it likely needs to be replaced or there is a broken wire. These fans are a common failure item by the way.

Also, be sure and check all of your fuses in case one of them is blown.

I hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need further assistance with this.