Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified

Chrysler 300c: what does service parking assist

what does service parking assist car wont start
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Chrysler my name isXXXXX don't know your automotive experience level, so I may need to alter the answer to your needs.

The "service park assist" message means that there is a fault in the system, and this is typically just a faulty back up sensor. However, this will not prevent the engine from starting so these 2 issues aren't related by the sounds of it.

Is the engine turning over normally?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
not starting at all .i turn they key on and nothing no turning over
Ok, is there a red dot illuminated on the dash when the key is turned to the ON position?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes....before it stop working all the way the engine did turn like 4 times but will shut off,i put some gas in it thinking it was out of gas and nothing
k thanks. The red dot means that the vehicle in unable to read the security chip inside your key and when this happens, it will prevent the engine from starting as part of the anti theft system.

This can be caused by a faulty key, so if you have a spare now would be the time to try it and see if that helps.

If that doesn't help, then you likely have a bad module that is responsible for reading the key.

Sometimes disconnecting the battery can re-boot a bad module, so you can give that a try as well.

Since this is an anti theft system, all repairs require some programming with the dealer's scan tool so if your spare key doesn't work, and the battery disconnect doesn't help, then you will be towing this to your local shop unfortunately.

I hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need further assistance with this.