b5demon
b5demon, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE and Chrysler master technician with over 17 years in dealer
13235514

chrysler 300: my key wont turn in the ignition..its in parked

Customer Question

i have a chrysler 300 m, my key wont turn in the ignition. My wheels a re not locked. I have power and its in parked. I have being playing around with sterring wheel and gear thinking it may release , but still nothing
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  b5demon replied 2 years ago.

b5demon :

Hi Welcome to Just Answer!

Customer:

helllllllllllooooooooooooo out there. Caller from Cleveland

Customer:

IF I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION PLEASE HIT THE ACCEPT BUTTON SO I CAN GET CREDIT FOR MY TIME.
FEED BACK IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED!"

b5demon :

This is a comon problem. What happens is the tumblers in the ignition lock cylinder get jammed and will not allow the key to turn. The lock cylinder will need to be replaced soon but what you can do in the mean time to try to get it released so you can drive it is remove the key and spray some wd-40 in the key slot then reinstall the key and tap lightly on the end of the key with a small hammer or screw driver handle then try turning the key that is usually enough to unjam the tumblers and allow the key to turn.

Customer:

Does these work most of the time, 9 out of 10 //// or 4 out of 10

b5demon :

usually 9 out of 10 times you can get it unjammed sometimes you need to let the wd-40 sit a little to free stuff up but usually works

Customer:

thank you!! about to hit the accept.

b5demon, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE and Chrysler master technician with over 17 years in dealer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will like to leave you a tip, can u be my personal tech from now on.
Expert:  b5demon replied 2 years ago.
ok great just let me know if you need any more help with your car.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
satisfied
Expert:  b5demon replied 2 years ago.
great always glad to hear that!