Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)

2002 Chrysler Sebring: two error codes..Leak..automatic shutoff..pipe

My 2002 Chrysler Sebring coupe with a 3.0 V6 has two error codes, PO441 (EVAP Emission Control System Purge Flow Fault) and P0455 (EVAP Emission Control System Leak [Large]) This has been a somewhat intermittent problem for quite some time. What may or may not be related, is that on a few occasions I had trouble fueling the vehicle because the automatic shutoff on the fueling nozzle kept kicking off unless I ran the fuel in very slowly so the air could escape the tank through the fill pipe.

Brad :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.. You have EVAP Emission issues...

The slow fuel fill is caused by the Tank not being able to release the pressure that is inside the tank when you fill your vehicle with fuel.. Your large leak code P-0455 is more than likely related to the Evaporative Emission Vent Solenoid being faulty.. When it gets stuck in the closed position you have fuel fill issues because it cant vent the pressure..When it is stuck open is when you get a large leak code...

The way to diagnose this issue is with a scantool and a Smoke/Pressure tester that Dealerships will have... But most likely its a bad Vent solenoid...

The P-0441 Purge solenoid fault you will also need to verify that it is allowing the vacuum to get to tank.. If its working fine.. The Vent solenoid cause it by being open and the system didnt see a vacuum...

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask

Well I want to Thank You for choosing JustAnswer. It was my pleasure assisting you, and if you have any future questions feel free to Request me Thank you and have a greatday!!!!! Brad