Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified

2002 dodge neon: i change crank sensor.

Customer Question

i have a 2002 dodge neon. i am not get no fire to plugs . i change crank sensor. cam sensor and coil. i checked wires to coil from the pcm and they are good. what could it be.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Chrysler my name isXXXXX don't know your automotive experience level, so I may need to alter the answer to your needs.

Has the engine been changed?

If you cycle the key ON/OFF/ON/OFF/ON..........leaving it on, does the mileage change to display a "P" and a 4 digit number?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes i changed engine . it came up on display p o 6 2 7

Ok, has the engine ever started since the engine was changed?

What year engine was installed?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no the engine nerver started. it cranks. the engine came from junkyard. but the sensors are new enven coil is new. and getting power up to the coil. and getting the pulsing from the power going to the coil but no fire to the wires . i did all the test on cam sensor crankshaft sensor still nothing

Ok, what year was the engine that you installed?

You may have installed an engine that is not compatible for your particular computer system.

Before we get too carried away have you tested all of your fuses, because that fault code you have is for the fuel pump circuit and quite often it is caused by a blown fuse.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the fuse is good . i had taking it out while the switch was on that probaly what made it come on. but the crankshaft sensor was on the opossite side when i got engine. but the hookup was the same. that was the only thing different
Ok thanks. So, the fact that the crank sensor was in a different location makes me believe that you have the wrong engine for the type of computer your car has.

Your best bet at this stage is to install the correct engine because this one will never run without some hefty modifications.

The difference is in the way the cam and crank signals are generated from the tone rings. Your computer is looking for a specific signal and if it is getting a completely different signal, it has no idea how to process the info and therefore the engine will never start.

I hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

If I have answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button so I may receive credit for my time assisting you today. Subscription customers are also asked to do the same since it doesn't cost you any more to do so. Thanks.